Registration at the Special Bureau of Vital Records of Athens


1. For couples that have been married according to both, civil and religious doctrines, both ceremonies must be declared.

2. The official (Court) solution of a previous marriage, if resolved in the US, should also be declared; however, it should first be legalized in Greece with a new court decision, taken by a Greek Court.

3. The certificates’ department of the consulate provides you with the following documents to proceed with registration in Greece:
a. Certificate of entry-exit to/from Greece (only for males). The consular agent will certify, checking the entry/exit stamps placed in the male applicant’s passport(s) when entering or leaving Greece, whether the applicant has lost his permanent residence status in the US, having remained in Greece for more than 6 months for the last two years.
b. Certificate of age assessment (for both sexes).